Funding support available to businesses in Wrexham is extremely limited and subject to ongoing review.
For more information contact the Assets and Economic Development department.
Telephone: 01978 667000
ReAct is a package of support to help people who have been made redundant get back into employment as quickly as possible.
All funding under ReAct is discretionary and subject to eligibility and conditions.
ReAct for Individuals
ReAct could provide a contribution towards the cost of vocational training courses to help you to find a new job. ReAct support is available if you:
- have become unemployed in the last six months as a result of redundancy, are currently unemployed and have not been in continuous employment for six weeks or more since being redundant; or
- are under a current notice of redundancy; and
- are a resident in Wales on the date of issue of notice of redundancy
- are aged 25 or over
- are not undertaking any training which is funded directly or indirectly by public funds (including Work Based Learning programmes such as Modern Apprenticeships).
For more information on how ReAct for individuals contact Careers Wales Wrexham on 01978 317015 or email email@example.com
ReAct for businesses
- Employer Recruitment Support funds employers who recruit individuals made redundant in the past six months. The award offers up to £3,000 paid in four instalments as a contribution towards wage costs.
- Employer Training Support is a separate discretionary fund of up to £1,000 that an employer can put towards the cost of a new recruit’s job-related training.
- Support is available providing the post is new or you seek a justifiable replacement for a vacant post; and the job is at least 16 hours a week; and the job is expected to last for at least 12 months.
For more information on ReAct for businesses, and to find out about other training support for your business contact your local HRD Advisors on 01978 667000. Alternatively call the ReAct team on 01792 765888.
ReAct is funded by Welsh Government and the European Social Fund.
back to the top