Training & Workforce Development
Workforce Development: Skills • People • Success
Workforce Development Programme
We can help your business to maximise its potential by developing your workforce skills. Under the Welsh Assembly Government Workforce Development Programme we can provide the services of an experienced skills adviser to help you review your current staff development strategy and help meet your business goals.
We will usually carry out a diagnostic review of staff development in your business to get a good understanding of:
- your current approach to management and training
- your training needs
- the direction of your business
We will work together with you to build a training plan for your business, which will be based on the most appropriate training options for your business needs. We will also help you to source the training you require, which could include in-house or bought-in solutions.
Training needs identified during the review will be eligible to discretionary funding of 50% of cost up to a maximum of £1000.
The skills review is FREE AND WITHOUT OBLIGATION - all you'll need to commit is your time.
The diagnostic review
During the course of the diagnostic we will:
- look at your current staff development strategy to make sure the training you provide contributes towards your business objectives
- help you build and implement an organisational development plan to improve your approach to management and training where necessary
- identify your training and development needs and produce an agreed learning plan to meet them
- identify suitable training courses and put you in touch with appropriate training providers
- advise you about any training and funding initiatives from the Welsh Assembly Government that could be appropriate for your business
- provide free advice towards helping you achieve the nationally recognised Investors in People standard for workforce development (if applicable)
Leadership and management workshops
The Welsh Assembly Government's leadership and management workshops are designed to help you and your managers enhance your leadership skills. These workshops are highly practical and sharply focused on developing crucial management skills.
They are delivered by a network of quality-assured providers and are staged regularly throughout Wales. They can be delivered through open courses or bespoke training sessions at your premises.
Your skills adviser may suggest in your skills review that you and your senior managers would benefit from attending a workshop to improve your leadership abilities.
What do the workshops cover?
Each workshop focuses on a specific aspect of management, such as how to:
- improve productivity and profitability
- create effective teams
- plan strategies for success
- increase job satisfaction
- motivate staff
Funding available for attending workshops
If your business employs fewer than 250 people then 70% of the cost of each delegate attending these workshops is subsidised. Larger businesses can get a standard subsidy of 50%. Attending the workshops can be a very cost-effective way of strengthening management in your business.
For more information contact Steve O'Neill on 01978 667000.
Useful External Links
ReAct - Support for training for individuals & businesses
ReAct is a package of support to help people who have been made redundant get back into employment as quickly as possible.
Wrexham ITeC offers a range of training courses for employees, employers and people looking to return to the workplace.
Our range of training includes:
- Information Technology including Byte Size
- Modern Apprenticeship programme (Foundation and Advanced)
- Skill Build
Many of our courses are funded by Welsh Assembly Government and are offered at no direct cost to employers or employees.