Cefn Mawr Townscape Heritage Initiative (THI)
A Heritage Lottery Fund initiative, the THI makes grants that help communities to regenerate the historic parts of their towns and cities.
In order to be eligible for assistance your project must be:
- Within the Townscape Heritage Initiative boundary and Conservation Area.
- A property of architectural or historic interest, or of significant townscape value
- Able to deliver significant environmental improvements
Grant assistance would generally be available for appropriate works to the following:
- Substantial repairs to the external fabric of the building
- General repairs to ensure the life of the building (but not regular maintenance work)
- Re-instatement of lost architectural detail externally, especially where archive records such as old photographs exist to show original detailing
- Reuse of vacant or under-used floor space, provided this is included within a general scheme of upgrading and repair
- Environmental enhancement associated with a scheme of upgrading and repair
- Professional fees
Applications can only be made by:
- The freeholder of the property
- A leaseholder on a fully-repairing lease, with an un-expired interest in the property of at least ten years from the date the grant is paid.
If you are interested or require more information, please contact the THI Project Team on the contact details below. If your project is deemed eligible, a preliminary meeting will be arranged between you and a member of the THI Project team to discuss eligibility and extent of works, and to explain the grant application process.
If your project is deemed eligible, a preliminary meeting will be arranged to discuss eligibility and extent of works, and to explain the grant application process.
- Heritage Lottery Fund (external website)
- Cadwyn Clwyd – Traditional Building Skills (external website)
Disclaimer: Wrexham County Borough Council is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.