Are You Dissatisfied?
If you are dissatisfied with a decision made by Wrexham County Borough Council, then you may appeal.
How to Appeal
If you think your bill is too much because your property is in the wrong Band then you should appeal to the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) at Regent House, Regent Street, Wrexham LL11 1PR or Tel. 03000 505505.
If you wish to appeal you should firstly write to us putting forward your objections to our decision.
- We will then re-examine the matter and give you our decision.
- If you are still dissatisfied then you may appeal to the North Wales Valuation Tribunal at Government Buildings Block A(L1), Sarn Mynach, Llandudno Junction LL31 9RZ. They are an independent Body who will hear your case.
Housing Benefit / Council Tax Reduction
If you think the decision about your Housing or Council Tax benefit is wrong:
- You can ask us to explain it - please telephone or make a personal visit to Contact Wrexham, 16 Lord Street, Wrexham to discuss the matter with us.
- If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can ask us to look at it again.
- If you remain dissatisfied, you should make a written request to the Council within one month of the date of notification.
- If you are still not happy with the Council decision you can appeal to an independent tribunal.
If you think your bill is too much because your Rateable Value is too high then you should appeal to the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) at Regent House, Regent Street, Wrexham LL11 1PR or Telephone 03000 505505.
If you wish to appeal against liability you should firstly write to us putting forward your objections to our decision and requesting that we review our decision.
or write to:
Service Manager Revenues and Benefits, Finance Department, Lambpit Street Offices, Wrexham, LL11 1AR explaining why you are not satisfied.