Care and Repair North East Wales
Advice and help with repairs and adaptations for older and/or disabled home owners and private tenants.
What is Care & Repair?
Wrexham Care & Repair aims to help older people and people with a disability by providing free advice and practical assistance with regards to repairs, renovations and adaptations to their homes so that they can live independently, in comfort and security.
What can we do for you?
- Discuss and advise on how to pay for work that needs to be done
- Help with filling in forms for grants, benefits, loans, insurance claims etc
- Liaise with the Grants Department, Social Services, the Benefits Agency and other relevant agencies as required
- Provide a technical service
- Help you select a reliable builder
- Provide help and support whilst work is in progress so that you are kept informed
- Ensure that you are satisfied with the work before payment is made to the builder
- Help organising removal to temporary accommodation whilst work is being carried out, if required
- Advise about welfare benefits to make sure you are receiving your full entitlement
- If repairs/adaptations are no the solution, we can put you in touch with other organisations who may be able to help.
There is no obligation to accept the advice given. The role of Care & Repair is to advise on all solutions to help you decide what is right for you.
The Handy Person service is managed by Ty Glas Housing Society and is funded by:
- National Assembly for Wales via Care & Repair Cymru
- Clwyd Alyn Housing Association
- Cymdeithas Tai Clwyd
- Wales and West Housing Association
- Wrexham County Borough Council