Handy Person Service
Small repairs for older and disabled home owners
Wrexham Foyer, Crescent Road, Wrexham LL13 8HF
Tel: 01978 268120 Fax: 01978 268121
What is Care & Repair?
Wrexham Care & Repair aims to help older people and people with a disability by providing advice and practical assistance with regards to repairs and adaptations.
What is the Handy Person Service?
The Handy Person Service is available to people over 60 and/or people with a disability and offers a wide variety of small repairs such as:
- General joinery works
- Minor plumbing repairs
- Replacing a broken window pane
- Fitting a safety chain and/or lock
- Draught proofing a door
- Fitting lever taps, etc
- Repairs to gates and fencing
This is not an exhaustive list. Please contact the office for further information.
Unfortunately, none of the following works can be considered:
- Any work involving the gas service
- And electrical work other than that of a minor nature (such as changing a fuse or a plug)
- Painting and decorating.
The Handy Person service is provided free of charge on the understanding that you will pay for the cost of any materials used, although donations will be gratefully accepted. In some instances funding may be available to cover the cost of materials, so please contact Wrexham Care and Repair for further information.
The Handy Person service is supported by:
- National Assembly for Wales
- Nationwide Foundation
- Police & Community Trust
- Ty Glas Housing Society (a charitable subsidiary of Clwyd Alyn Housing Association)
For more information about benefits for older people or people with a disability, visit the Social Care section.