Eligible For Help?
Certain categories of people may not be eligible for our help, for example if:
- You have not lived in the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands or Isle of Man for the last 5 years, and you are not considered to be a settled resident here
- You are a European national in breach of a 'Residency Directive'
- You have claimed asylum since arriving in this country from abroad and your application is still being considered by the Home Office
- You are an illegal immigrant;
- You have overstayed your leave to live in the U.K.;
- You have limited leave to remain in this country (for example students and visitors), and are not allowed to claim help with money or accommodation from Public Funds;
- You are found not to be eligible you will be issued with a letter explaining the reasons for the decision. You will be given advice and assistance about the help that may be available to you from other agencies or other ways to find suitable accommodation;
- You are eligible for assistance, your Homeless Officer will need to find out if you are homeless and decide what help we can give you.