In Priority Need?
We have to assess whether you have a “priority need” for help. You may be in “priority need” if you are:
- Pregnant or live with or, might reasonably be expected to live with, a pregnant woman,
- A person with dependent children who lives with you or might reasonably be expected to live with you.
- A person who is vulnerable due to old age, mental illness or handicap, physical disability or other special reason.
- A person who is homeless or threatened with homelessness as a result of an emergency e.g. flood, fire or other disaster.
- A 16/17 year old.
- A Care leaver or person at particular risk of sexual or financial exploitation aged over 18 but under 21.
- A person fleeing domestic violence or threatened domestic violence.
- A former prisoner who is homeless after being released from custody.
- A person who is homeless after leaving the armed forces.
If you are homeless, eligible and in priority need then the Council must ensure you are offered suitable temporary accommodation whilst it completes further enquiries.