Request a Review of a Decision
If you are told that it is the Council’s decision that you are:
- Not homeless; or
- Not eligible for assistance; or
- Not in priority need; or
- Are intentionally homeless; or
- Have no local connection; or
- That your case is being referred to another local authority
You have the right to request a review of that decision. You may also appeal as to the suitability of an offer of accommodation.
Request a Review
A request for a review of any decision must be made within 21 days from the date that you receive the above decision in writing.
You will be asked to clearly state your reasons for requesting the review in writing and will be advised of the appeals procedure. If you think that you would need help with this process you can contact: - Shelter, CAB, Compass Project, if you are 25 or under, or a solicitor of your own choice.
The Council will take into account any information submitted by you or on your behalf.
If you fail to submit any further detailed information, the decision will be reviewed on the basis of all relevant information already to hand.
The Council must normally reach a decision within 8 weeks of the date of your request.
- Shelter Cymru - Housing Law Case Workers are available to give advice at various venues in Wrexham town centre.
For an appointment: (Tel: 01978 317911)
Telephone advice line: (Shelter Cymru Live - 0345 075 5005)
Email advice: www.sheltercymru.org.uk
- Citizens Advice Bureau, 35 Grosvenor Road, Wrexham (Tel: 01978 364639)
- Compass Project, Bryn Hyfryd, 2 Grosvenor Road, Wrexham (Tel: 01978 315137)