The Involvement of Local Members
Local Members have a role to play in the lettings process. They advise and represent their local communities and ensure we implement this policy in a fair and consistent way.
Local Members can:-
- Make representations on behalf of their constituents to make sure that all the facts of their case are considered.
- Receive notification of vacancies in their wards when they are allocated.
- Receive regular updated information regarding the Council’s housing stock, lettings and the number of applicants registered for housing.
- Be involved in future policy reviews to make sure it is achieving its aims.
Local Members cannot:-
- Be directly involved in the allocation of properties to applicants who live in their ward.
- Be involved in the allocation of properties in their ward.