Welcome to the 'Find your nearest...' search facility.
This section allows you to search for your nearest General Practitioner, Dental Practice, Leisure Centre, Schools and much more in the Wrexham County Borough.
If this is your first time using the 'Find your nearest...' search facility please take a few moments to read the First Time User instructions below as they will enable you to find the information/services you require faster.
If you want to go straight to the search please click on the link below:
Go to the help tab on the left hand side of the map.
Here you will find details about the Zoom in / Zoom out, re-centre and information functions of the tool bar.
The tool bar is located above the Map.
1. To locate an area type your search criteria into the Find box. This could be a PostCode or Address. For general locations use the postcode. When searching for an address all you have to do is type in the major elements e.g. To find an address like 232 High Street Torquay TQ1 3RR just type 232 High Street or 232 tq1 3rr. Then click on the find button .
2. If multiple locations are found click the required one from the list provided on the left hand side
3. Click on the find closest tab and from there you will be able to select from the options in the drop down list.
4. Now you will need to specify how near the service should be from your search location.
In the example below I have specified that I want to see all Listed Buildings within a 150m radius, this will be taken from the centre of the map.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The wider the radius you select the greater the infomation that has to be retrieved and this can be slow especially when used with dialup connections, in this scenario you should specify metres by selecting the metres drop down menu.
5. Press the find button to retreive your search criteria and if there are matches something similar to the following screen should be seen.
- Click on a list item for further details
- Click on the Zoom icon to zoom in and center on a particular search result
6. To find more general information about a selection:
- Click on the info button at the top of the map
- Then click on the location on the map that you want information about (this will normally be on one of the stars or a shaded area)
The information will appear to the left of the map.