Social Services Annual Director's Report & Complaints Report
Social Services Annual Director's Report
My report this year is presented in a different way to previous annual reports as we are following new formats prescribed by Welsh Government. We have also tried to write the report in a more customer friendly way, so as to encourage more people to read it. If you have any comments about the content or style of the report, we would be interested to hear them. If you do please email email@example.com.
The annual report describes some of the key achievements and improvements in Adults and Children's Social Services in Wrexham, in terms of our performance in meeting our requirements under the Social Services and Wellbeing (Wales) Act.
The annual Report is based on the information and feedback from a range of services, including self-assessment by the Council, information provided by regulators, such as the Care & Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW) and the Wales Audit Office through their feedback and recommendations from inspection and audit reports. It also considers feedback from service users and the complaints and compliments processes. Members and partner agencies, such as Health and the Third Sector were also consulted as part of the drafting of the Director's Report and their comments incorporated into the final version.
The report describes a position of continued improvement across the whole of social services, despite some of the challenges we are facing around growing demand for our services within a world of reducing funding. We are aware that these challenges in relation to the implementation of the Social Services and Well-Being (Wales) Act 2014 will continue and we will adapt and shape our services with the aim of continuing to provide high quality services.
The report is also available in additional formats and you will see from the links on this page that there are Easy-read and talking versions. A talking report is available on CD by request, by emailing us on the email contact above, or by ringing 01978 297421.
Social Services Complaints & Compliments Annual Report
Following the introduction of a revised Statutory Social Services Complaints Procedure in August 2014, a requirement was placed on all Local Authorities in Wales to produce an Annual Report on Social Services Complaints. This report should be presented to the appropriate Scrutiny Committee and made available to the public. Previously, reports have been produced but used within the department as part of a wider Performance Management agenda.
The report was considered and approved by the Safeguarding, Communities & Wellbeing Scrutiny Committee in June 2018.
- Annual Report of the Wrexham Statutory Director of Social Services 2018/19 PDF version 502Kb
- Annual Report of the Wrexham Statutory Director of Social Services 2017/18 PDF version 441Kb
- Social Services Complaints & Compliments Annual Report 2017-18 PDF version 409Kb
- Annual Report of the Wrexham Statutory Director of Social Services 2016/17 PDF version 761Kb
- Annual Report of the Wrexham Statutory Director of Social Services 2016/17 (Easy Read Version) PDF version 4.4Mb
- Social Services Complaints & Compliments Annual Report 2016-17 PDF version 155Kb
- Annual Report of the Wrexham Statutory Director of Social Services 2015/16 PDF version 307Kb
- Social Services Complaints & Compliments Annual Report 2015-16 PDF version 172Kb
- Annual Report of the Wrexham Statutory Director of Social Services 2014/15 PDF version 312Kb
- Social Services Complaints & Compliments Annual Report 2014-15 PDF version 130Kb
- Social Services Annual Director's Report 2013/14 PDF version 240Kb
- Social Services Annual Director's Report 2012/13 PDF version 258Kb
- Social Services Annual Director's Report 2011/12 PDF version 300Kb
- Social Services Director's Annual Report 2010/11 PDF version 582Kb
- Social Services Director's Annual Report 2009/10 PDF version 774Kb
- Social Services Director's Annual Report 2008/09 PDF version 526Kb