Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
Supporting Children and Young People with an Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
The needs of children and young people with ASD are met through a range of provision:
- in mainstream schools without additional support;
- in mainstream schools with school derived additional support;
- in mainstream schools with additional statutory support;
- in schools which have strategically resourced provision for ASD;
- in special schools when they have additional and severe learning difficulties;
- at independent and non-maintained special schools outside Wrexham.
Training programmes have been introduced in partnership with Autism Cymru to raise the awareness of ASD in Wrexham schools to allow them to meet the needs of pupils with ASD.
A range of additional services exist in Wrexham to support individuals with ASD.
An information booklet for those living and working with young children with an Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
Information and ideas for everyone involved in Transition Planning for youngsters with Autism Spectrum Disorders moving to secondary school.
An information booklet for those living and working with young children with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Directory of ASD support services in Wrexham
A directory of services is currently being developed.