Special Educational Needs

This document contains information about how the Local Education Authority is:

  • Promoting high standards of education for children with Special Education Needs (SEN).
  • Encouraging children with SEN to take a full part in their schools and communities.
  • Encouraging children with SEN to make decisions and choices about their education.
  • Helping schools to share good practice.
  • Working with voluntary bodies to provide support for children with SEN.

Special Educational Needs Policy

The document is available to download in the following formats:

Special Educational Needs Policy - Word version 203Kb

Special Educational Needs Policy - PDF version 131Kb

Special Educational Needs Policy - Plain Text version 1.1Mb

To view and print PDF files, you must have Adobe® Acrobat® Reader installed.

Link on the Adobe logo to download the software.

Link from this graphic to download the free Acrobat reader from the Adobe website

Adobe Acrobat documents can be converted back to plain text using Accessible Adobe® Reader.


To view and print Microsoft Word files, you must either have Microsoft Word installed on your computer, or you can download free Microsoft Word Viewer software.

Link on the logo to download the software

Link from this graphic to download the free Microsoft Word Viewer software

back to the top