National Grid for Learning (NGfL) Cymru
NGfL Cymru, funded by the Welsh Assembly Government, is being developed through a unique partnership, which involves all the Welsh LEAs, the WJEC, learnthings ltd and BT and can be found at www.ngfl-cymru.org.uk
The aim of the project is to provide schools, teachers and pupils with a practical and useful range of ICT based teaching and learning resources, supporting materials and information. NGfL Cymru resources are written by teachers for teachers, with the needs of our pupils in mind, and this initiative gives us in Wales a really valuable opportunity to develop a bilingual site that supports many aspects of the Welsh curriculum.
The key areas of provision relate to (click on the links to see examples):
- Free access to online teaching and learning resources that are suitable for all age ranges
- Lively, interesting resources categorised by Key stage, subject and topic
- Interactive whiteboard resources
- Lesson plans and worksheets
- Resources that support the Curriculum Cymreig
- Examples of good practice
- Resources in English, Welsh and Bi-lingual
- Categorised links to useful educational websites
- Online conferencing and discussion forums
- A database of all schools in Wales
- On National Initiatives
- For parents
This is an extremely exciting opportunity that will ensure that all pupils in Wales can benefit from the developments of technology in the classroom.
If you would like more information or would like to make any comments please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 029 20265177.
Remember, NGfL Cymru belongs to you and can be found at www.ngfl-cymru.org.uk