Abandoned/ Unwanted Vehicles
The Authority can deal with any abandoned vehicle that is in the open air. If a vehicle is parked on private land then permission is needed from the landowner prior to removal.
If a vehicle is causing an obstruction on the highway or is thought to be stolen or involved in crime please report it to the Police.
An abandoned vehicle is one that it's owner has left without any intention to return for it. A vehicle should not be reported as abandoned just because:
- It is untaxed;
- It is taking up a parking space;
- It is in poor condition and is felt to be detrimental to the area.
VEHICLES SHOULD NOT BE REPORTED AS ABANDONED TO RESOLVE NEIGHBOURHOOD DISPUTES
You can contact the Environment Department to report an abandoned vehicle - you can do this by completing an online abandoned vehicle reporting form, or by calling 01978 298989 , or by email: email@example.com. You will be asked to supply the following details to enable us to act on your complaint:
- Callers Name, Address, Postcode and Telephone Number;
- Vehicle Registration Number, Make, Model and Colour;
- Vehicle Licence expiry date;
- Vehicle location;
- Condition of vehicle;
- Reason why vehicle is believed to be abandoned/length of time it has been there.
If you own a vehicle that you no longer want - it will be collected free of charge as part of a vehicle amnesty.
Please telephone 01978 298989 for further information.
To request the removal of an unwanted car please download and complete the Vehicle Disclaimer.
The completed form should be signed and returned to:
Wrexham County Borough Council