Youth Play Provision
Multi-use Goal Areas
An example of recreational equipment for young people is the Multi Use Goal Areas.
- Multiuse goal ends are combined to form a playing area suitable for informal games of football, basketball and cricket.
- Multiuse Goal Areas can be floodlit to increase the hours of use in the winter months.
- The areas can incorporate 'Dug Outs' or shelters to allow youngsters to gather, socialise and watch the games.
- Successful schemes have been implemented at:
- Solway Banks
- Price's Lane
- Caia Park
- Prince Charles Avenue
- Plas Madoc
- Bangor On Dee
- Bellevue Park
New goals planned at Johnstown and Chirk.
- A system of ramps, jumps, half-pipes, rails suitable for in-line skaters, skateboarders, roller bladers and BMX tracks.
- The Parks are designed in consultation with youngsters to achieve maximum enjoyment from the layout.
- Successful schemes have been implemented in the Wrexham Borough. e.g. Prices Lane, Solway Banks, Bradley, Queensway Sports Centre at Caia, Gresford, Marchwiel, Penygelli, Coedpoeth.