Wrexham County Borough Museum
Tel: 01978 297460
Fax: 01978 297461
Normal Museum Opening Times
Christmas & New Year Opening Hours
Monday to Friday: 10am-5pm
Sunday and Bank Holidays: closed.
- Museum Café: Bwtri Coffee Shop (external link) - coffees, pastries, sandwiches, soups and a range of light meals featuring some of the area's best food.
- Souvenir Shop
- Wheelchair access
- Blue badge holder parking on site
Transport & Location
- Wrexham County Borough Museum is located on Regent Street between St Mary’s Catholic Cathedral and the St Marks NCP multi-storey car park.
- Three parking spaces are available for blue badge holders in St Marks road on the east side of the museum building approximately 80m from the museum entrance.
- Wrexham bus station is located on King Street approximately 200m from the museum.
- Wrexham Central railway station is located approximately 230m to the south of the museum within the Island Green shopping Centre.
- The nearest car park is the St Marks NCP pay & display multi-storey car park approximately 100m from the museum, this car park has 4 disabled parking bays on the ground floor.
- Wrexham Shop Mobility is located at Wrexham bus station 200m from the museum.
- The Ordnance Survey NGR of the museum is SJ3318 5043.
- The museum entrance is approached via a level but partially loose gravel surface.
- The museum is open Monday to Friday between 10am and 5pm (last entry 4.30pm), Saturday 10.30am to 3pm (last entry 2.30pm), closed Sundays and Bank Holidays. The Collection Centre is open Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 2 and 4pm.
- All public galleries and the A.N. Palmer Centre for local studies and archives are on the ground floor with level access throughout. The Collections Centre is on the first floor of the Satellite building and is accessed via an accessible (but not talking) lift from the main gallery.
- The Reception desk has an induction loop fitted.
- No doors on the ground floor, where present, are automatic but all doorways have a minimum width of 800mm.
- Accessible unisex toilets are provided near the reception desk in the front loggia and adjacent to the Collection Centre on the first floor, both are fitted with alarms to call assistance as required.
- All exhibitions are designed to be accessible, with large print versions of exhibition text available and some Braille interpretation provided for permanent exhibits.
- Guide dogs are welcome
- Two rooms for meetings are located on the first floor, the smallest (education room) has an induction loop fitted, the largest does not – both rooms can be accessed via the main staircase or via the lift and a ramp. There is one step into the large room. Some doorways on the first floor do not comply with accessible width guidelines.
Plan of the Museum Building
Plan of the museum building
This document is available to download in the following format:
Plan of the museum building - PDF version 1.2Mb
To view and print PDF files, you must have Adobe® Acrobat® Reader installed: click the logo below to download the software.
Adobe Acrobat documents can be converted back to plain text using Accessible Adobe® Reader.
back to the top