Welsh Assembly Government’s Free Swimming Initiative
Free swimming is a Welsh Assembly Government Initiative and is aimed at children and young people aged 16 years and under and older people aged 60 plus.
The free swimming initiative has several aims:
- Improve the health of the nation
- Develop and strength communities
- Remove barriers and improve access for children/young people/disabled/ethnic minorities/older people
- To bridge the gap in participation between girls and boys
- Stimulate active participation in Welsh and English
- Improve standards in swimming
- Engage young people and to develop an interest in other activities
Free Swimming in Wrexham
Free swimming in Wrexham is offered to all:
Please check your local centre for times of free swimming.
Free Structured Activity
As part of the free swim initiative free structured activities are available to children and young people aged 16 and under such as water polo, water walkerz, sea-doos, lane swimming and fun sessions. Adults aged 60+ can try free structured activity during school term, activities such as lessons, snorkelling and aqua aerobics are available. Please note the activities offered vary from site to site.