Swimming and Aquatic Development
The Swimming and Aquatic Development Officer’s aims are to increase participation in swimming and other aquatic disciplines within Wrexham County Borough. This is through school swimming, the learn to swim programme (adults and juniors), free swimming, aquatic clubs, and other aquatic disciplines.
The development officer works with non-swimmers through to elite athletes within the county following a comprehensive Aquatic Development Plan.
- Swimming Lessons
- Free Swimming!
- School Swimming
- Swimming Clubs
- Freedom Leisure Jobs - Swim Co-ordinator - Wrexham Contract (external link)
Swimming is a sport that is accessible to all and it is never too late to learn! Swimming is the nation’s second largest participation activity (after walking) and is an excellent way to meet new people and get fit at the same time.
- People can learn to swim at any time - you can become fitter through swimming at any time in your life
- Swimming is great fun
- You don’t have to be an expert
- Swimming is a great social sport
- The ability to swim will enable you to participate in many other sports and activities such as kayaking, surfing, aqua aerobics and water polo.
- Swimming is ideally placed to help with obesity, osteoarthritis and cardiovascular disease
- And most importantly the ability to swim could save your life
Aquatic Activities Within Wrexham County
The following activities take place at one or more pools across the Borough
- Adult and Child lessons (ages 4 months - 4 years)
- Foundation or Pre National Plan Lessons (Ages 3-4 years)
- Junior Swimming Lessons (4 months to 15 years)
- Aquatic Clubs (Wrexham SC, Chirk Dragons SC, Gwersyllt SC, Penley Penguins SC, Wrexham Lifesaving Club, Wrexham and Sub Aqua Clubs)
- Adult Swimming Lessons (includes ladies only lessons, 50+ and 60+ lessons)
- Recreational Swimming (family sessions, adults only, ladies only)
- Free Swimming
- PURE Liquid Aquatic Fitness (aqua natal, aqua combat, liquid salsa)
- GP Referral
- School swimming lessons
- Parent and Paddler
For more information on what’s on at your local pool please contact the centres directly on: