From the 1st April 2010 all local authority adoption services across North Wales have been integrated into the new North Wales Adoption Service. The authorities involved include Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd, Wrexham and Ynys Môn. The authorities are now pooling their resources and developing joint activities in order to provide a more efficient service to all those involved in adoption across the region.
Through the sharing of good practice and expertise of adoption workers in North Wales the service aims to:
- improve outcomes for children being adopted
- ensure the assessment process is delivered efficiently and provide more training opportunities for prospective and approved adopters.
- enhance the provision of support services for adoptive families, adopted adults and birth parents.
- maximise the placement choices of families for children
- reduce timescales for children and adopters
- ensure an equitable service for all by working together across the region
For further information:
Telephone: 0800 085 0774
back to the top