Life Events: Fostering
Fostering is where individuals provide a caring and secure environment in their own home for other people's children and young people. Fostering can be done on a full or part-time basis and ranges from day or weekend care to a few months or even on a long-term basis. Fostering a child offers you many opportunities to make a difference in a child's life by helping to provide health, education and emotional support.
- Is Fostering for you?
- Fostering Frequently asked questions
- What does fostering involve?
- What happens next?
- Types of Foster Care you can provide
- How we support you
- Useful Fostering Links
Is Fostering for you?
Wrexham's looked after children are all individual and unique - and they require unique individuals to care for them. You may fit into many or few of the categories below - none of which will affect your suitability in becoming a Foster Carer.
- You may be male or female
- You may be married, cohabiting or single
- You may rent or own your own home
- You may have one or more children of your own
- You may have no children of your own
- You may be employed or not
- You may even have spent time in care yourself
There following are a few core qualities that all Foster Carers share:
- An ability to understand and relate to children.
- The wish to share their home with a child or young person who needs it.
- The ability to work in a team.
- Understanding, patience and a commitment to the well-being of vulnerable children.
- A lot of energy and a sense of humour.
- A commitment to developing skills through training.
- A spare room.
If you feel that you possess these qualities why not call now for more information on how you can become a Foster Carer for Wrexham - Free Phone 0800 7830618.
Please feel free to ask as many questions as you like or if you prefer, our recruitment officer will visit you at home to discuss everything with you in detail before you decide to make an application.
A Special Request...
We particularly need more carers for children and young people over the age of 10. If you feel you could offer a home to older children why not call us to find out more. Or, if you have friends, family or colleagues who may be interested in caring for older children please show them the information pack and ask them to get in touch if they would like to know more - Free Phone 0800 7830618.