Life Events: Planning Civil Partnerships
Notice of intention to enter into a Civil Partnership must be given in the district in which you reside. After giving notice you must wait a further twenty eight clear days before the signing of the Civil Partnership Schedule can take place. A Notice is valid for twelve months.
Documents Required by Law
When you attend before a Superintendent Registrar to make formal arrangements, you will need to produce certain documents to confirm your name, age, marital status and nationality.
The following original (photo-copies are not acceptable) documents need to be produced documents are:
- Current Valid Full Passport or
- Birth Certificate
Also required is documentary proof of your address e.g.
- Bank Book/Statement or Council Tax or Utility bill etc.
also (if applicable)
- If you have been widowed, the death certificate of your former spouse or civil partner.
- If you have been divorced, a decree nisi absolute bearing the courts original stamp or decree of dissolution of civil partnership.
- Deed Poll documents if you have changed your name.
- Any other relevant documents.
You will each be charged £35.00 when you give notice (non-refundable).
Signing of Civil Partnership Schedule will cost £46.00 payable on the day of the signing, plus £11.00 for each certificate purchased on the day.
With effect from 1 April 2019, the fee* for a wedding in the Ceremony Room Guildhall will be:
- £155 - Monday to Thursday
- £205 - Friday and Saturday
and at an Approved Premises will be:
- £410 - Monday to Thursday
- £440 - Friday
- £450 - Saturday
- £520 - Sunday
- £540 - Bank Holiday
* payable no less than 2 weeks before the event plus £11.00 for each certificate purchased on the day.
All fees are subject to review.
Please telephone the Civil Partnership Registrar to make an Appointment to give a Legal Notice. Tel: (01978) 298997.
Wrexham County Borough Council is not responsible for the content of external websites