To the rear of the Nags Head Public House. The substantial chimney is dated from 1894 and its height competes with the tower of St Giles Church, which is perhaps representative of its symbolic power. It was built as part of Soames Brewery, which became Border Brewery in 1932. F W Soames had acquired the site in 1879, when it was occupied by a smaller brewery associated with the Nag's Head Inn.
It is build of brick with wrought iron bands, with a high base with recessed panels surmounted by a corbelled chamber incorporating dated terracotta panels with the initial 'S' (Soames Brewery) below the octagonal shaft which terminates in a moulded projecting stone cornice and cap.
It is an excellent example of chimney design, highly ornamental and surviving in its original condition.