Safeguarding children is EVERYONE’S RESPONSIBILITY and EVERYONE’S BUSINESS. Everyone has a responsibility to work together to safeguard children and young people, whether you are a member of the public, young person, parent, carer, social worker, nurse, doctor or swimming instructor.
- What do I do if I have concerns about a child?
- What if I only have a ‘suspicion’ that a child or young person is being abused or neglected?
- What about confidentiality?
- What happens next?
- Are there protocols, policies or procedures to help me to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people?
- Are there useful LSCB leaflets or guidance for employees and volunteers on safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people?
- Flintshire & Wrexham Named Lead Contacts for Child Sexual Exploitation
Information on safe recruitment can be found on the website of the Independent Safeguarding Authority at www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service