Freedom of Information
How to access information held by the Council
We make the following information routinely available:
- Who we are and what we do - Organisational information, locations and contacts, constitutional and legal governance.
- What we spend and how we spend it- Financial information relating to projected and actual income and expenditure, tendering, procurement and contracts.
- What our priorities are and how we are doing-Strategy and performance information, plans, assessments, inspections and reviews.
- How we make decisions-Policy proposals and decisions. Decision making processes, internal criteria and procedures, consultations.
- Our policies and procedures-Current written protocols for delivering our functions and responsibilities.
- Lists and Registers-Information held in registers required by law and other lists and registers relating to the functions of the authority.
- The Services we Offer-Advice and guidance, booklets and leaflets, transactions and media releases. A description of the services offered.
These classes of information will not generally include:
- Information the disclosure of which is prevented by law, or exempt under the Freedom of Information Act, or is otherwise properly considered to be protected from disclosure.
- Information in draft form.
- Information that is no longer readily available as it is contained in files that have been placed in archive storage, or is difficult to access for similar reasons.
If you can not find what you are looking for on the Council’s website, use the directory of published information. The directory lists the information made routinely available and tells you where you can find it or who you need to contact to get it.
Is there a charge for providing the information?
Published information is free unless otherwise stated. Information can be viewed and downloaded free of charge, but a charge may be made for any photocopies sought.
|Black and White||A4||£0.10|
|Black and White||A3||£0.15|
|Black and White||A2 (plan)||£4.00 *|
|Black and White||A1 (plan)||£5.00 *|
|Black and White||A0 (plan)||£6.50 *|
There are discounted rates for bulk copies except for those items marked *.
|per A4 sheet||first page||additional pages|
|Sending to UK||£1.50||£0.60|
|Sending to Europe||£2.00||£1.00|
|Sending to Rest of World||£3.00||£1.50|
Standard postal charges will be applicable depending on weight, class and destination.
All charges are inclusive of VAT.
Information held by the Council that is not published on the website, or listed in the directory can be requested by applying in writing to:
Corporate and Customer Services (FOI)
Re-use of Information
Please note that where information is subject to copyright belonging to the Wrexham County Borough Council, you will need to obtain the permission of the Council to re-use it for purposes other than private study or non-commercial research. The Council may charge for re-use.
All text content on this website is available under the Open Government Licence (OGL) v3.0.
If you re-use text content under the OGL, you must include the following attribution:
Wrexham County Borough Council, [name and date of publication], licensed under the Open Government Licence.
Where possible we have made this data available in an open, machine readable format that is not dependent on any specific software (such as CSV or XML).
Where third party copyright material is disclosed, you must obtain permission to re-use from the copyright holders concerned.
Images are not available for re-use under the OGL because in most cases copyright is held by a third party. WCBC does not grant anyone any rights to reuse images.
The use of any WCBC logos on documents is not permitted. No permission will be granted for the use of the logos nor will reproduction of the logos in any form be allowed.