Join The Conversation (Social Networking)
Join the conversation on all aspects of council services and activities. Social networking sites are very popular and it is important that Wrexham Council continues to take advantage of new technologies and keep up with improvements in communications. This will ensure that information about the services we provide is readily available to our residents.
Wrexham Council continues to provide its customers access to our services and information in the most appropriate channels.
Facebook users in Wrexham are now able to access information and services normally found on our website via the Wrexham County Borough Council page (external link). The page includes feeds from our News, Jobs, and What's On.
We also use Facebook as a way of highlighting large events or campaigns. Our Summer Madness page was a huge success, the booklet’s inclusion on Facebook proved popular with residents who were able to see all the activities that were available over the Summer holidays and encouraged those from further afield to visit us.
WCBC Facebook Campaigns (External Links)
- Caia Park and Hightown Communities First
- Christmas in Wrexham
- Destination Wrexham
- Easter Bonanza
- North East Wales
- Oriel Wrecsam
- Pontcysyllte Aqueduct and Canal World Heritage Site
- Sports Awards
- Summer Bonanza
- Vic Studios
- What's on in Wrexham
- Wrexham Businessline
- Wrexham Arts Festival
- Wrexham Europe Direct
- Wrexham Events
- Wrexham Family Information Service
- Wrexham itec
- Wrexham Leisure
- Wrexham Libraries
- Wrexham Markets
- Wrexham Museums
- Wrexham Parent Network
- Wrexham Says Hello
- Wrexham Tourist Information Center (Wrexham TIC)
- Wrexham Trading Standards)
Wrexham County Borough Council have set up a group on Flickr. 'Wrexham County Borough' (external link) aims to invite people to post their own pictures of Wrexham.
Using Flickr to showcase pictures of the Borough can not only help attract visitors but also show those who already live here parts of the Borough they may not have considered visiting before.
The group is available to view by anyone, but you must become a member if you wish to submit your own pictures. Submissions will go into a queue for review first before they appear on the Wrexham County Borough page. Rules (external link) are available on the group's page.
Those who enjoy using Twitter and our website can now enjoy the best of both. We regularly update our followers with News, What's On, and What's New on the Website.
Wrexhamcbc (external link) is already proving to be a popular way of keeping in touch with news and information about us.
WCBC Twitter Campaigns (External Links)
Most online communities have their own rules and guidelines, which we will always follow. We reserve the right to remove any contributions that break the rules or guidelines of the relevant community, or any of the following:
- Be civil, tasteful and relevant.
- Do not post messages that are unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or racially offensive.
- Do not swear.
- Do not post content copied from elsewhere, for which you do not own the copyright.
- Do not post the same message, or very similar messages, more than once (also called "spamming").
- Do not publicise your, or anyone else's, personal information, such as contact details.
- Do not advertise products or services.
- Do not impersonate someone else.