Key messages for today (26.6.20)
- We’re unlocking services and facilities slowly – inline with Welsh Government guidance and scientific evidence on Covid-19.
- We’re working closely with lead agency, Public Health Wales, on responding to the situation at Rowan Foods.
- Schools across the county borough will be reopening on Monday.
Information and guidance about service changes and updates
Below is a summary of changes to our services, and key information that you might find useful. We’re also publishing public briefing notes on our news blog to help keep you updated.
All of our face-to-face reception areas are closed. If you do need to contact us please, do this online wherever possible by emailing email@example.com (you can also find council contact information here). Contacting us online will help ease pressure on our Contact Centre staff so they can handle enquiries for critical services.
The Welsh Government has launched a 'Test, Trace and Protect' programme.
Bins and recycling
- Garden waste bins continue to be collected as normal. Introduction of paid-for service suspended.
- Household recycling centres are open
- Bulky household item collections have been suspended.
- COVID-19 crisis: Waste and recycling collections
- Tissues should be binned – not placed in recycling bags or boxes.
- If you’re self-isolating and feeling unwell please double-bag your personal waste such as tissues and put aside for 72 hours before putting out for collection.
- Wash hands and disinfect handles on your bins and other waste containers before and after you touch them.
- Minimise waste where possible.
- Please don’t light bonfires to burn rubbish.
- Take extra care when parking your vehicles on your collection day so bin lorries can get through.
Schools and childcare
Finance and Benefits
• Flexible approach to Council Tax introduced.
• Claims for child benefits can now be made before birth registration.
- Housing estate offices are closed.
- Only emergency calls should be made to housing repair team.
- Gas servicing of council housing is continuing.
- Business grants available for those paying business rates.
- 3 month rent ‘holiday’ for commercial tenants and market holders.
Parks and public spaces
- Council-managed play areas are closed.
- Dogs should be kept on leads.
- Only go to your local parks – don’t travel to parks in other parts of the county borough.
- Public footpaths open, but social distancing must be observed.
- Libraries are closed, items will be renewed automatically and all charges will be waived.
- Homelessness service continuing to be provided - those sleeping rough encouraged to contact 01978 292947.
- Death registrations are now being made over phone, all appointments for birth registrations and marriage/civil partnership notices suspended.
- Limit of 20 attendees at crematorium.
- Planning/building control services have been affected, delays in registration of applications and issuing decision notices.
- Public car park charges suspended - only to help workers providing critical services and people leaving the house to do essential food shopping.
- Public toilets closed apart from at Wrexham Bus Station.
- Garden allotments remain open – but keep to social distancing guidelines.
- You can still renew or apply for a new blue badge online.