Latest key messages
- Welsh Government: Covid-19 vaccine update (external link)
- What the end of the firebreak means in Wrexham
- Key things you need to know in Wrexham
- Easy-access testing in Wrexham town centre
- Please dispose of face masks/coverings responsibly
Service changes and updates
Below is a summary of changes to our services, and key information that you might find useful. We’re also publishing public briefing notes on our news blog to help keep you updated.
All of our face-to-face reception areas are closed. If you do need to contact us please, do this online wherever possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org (you can also find council contact information here). Contacting us online will help ease pressure on our Contact Centre staff so they can handle enquiries for critical services.
The Welsh Government has launched a 'Test, Trace and Protect' programme.
Bins and recycling
- Household recycling centres are open.
- Bulky household item collections have been suspended.
- COVID-19 crisis: Waste and recycling collections
- Tissues should be binned – not placed in recycling bags or boxes.
- If you’re self-isolating and feeling unwell please double-bag your personal waste such as tissues and put aside for 72 hours before putting out for collection.
- Wash hands and disinfect handles on your bins and other waste containers before and after you touch them.
- Minimise waste where possible.
- Please don’t light bonfires to burn rubbish.
- Take extra care when parking your vehicles on your collection day so bin lorries can get through.
Schools and childcare
Finance and Benefits
- Self isolation support payment application
- Welsh Government: Self isolation support scheme: privacy notice (external link)
- Flexible approach to Council Tax introduced
- Claims for child benefits can now be made before birth registration
- Housing estate offices are closed.
- Only emergency calls should be made to housing repair team.
- Gas servicing of council housing is continuing.
- Going for a drink tonight? Or out for a meal out? Here's what you need to know...
- Pubs to stop serving at 10pm
- Guidance for reopening hairdressers and barber shops
- Legionnaires’ disease - businesses urgently reminded to check their water systems before reopening
- Business grants available
- Transforming Towns Thematic Covid-19 Grant
Parks and public spaces
- Dogs should be kept on leads.
- Public footpaths open, but social distancing must be observed.
- Homelessness service continuing to be provided - those sleeping rough encouraged to contact 01978 292947.
- Wrexham registration service update
- Limit of 20 attendees at crematorium.
- Planning/building control services have been affected, delays in registration of applications and issuing decision notices.
- Public toilets are closed, apart from the toilets at Henblas Street, which are now open
- Garden allotments remain open – but keep to social distancing guidelines.
- You can still renew or apply for a new blue badge online.