Latest key messages
- Please dispose of face masks/coverings responsibly.
- Protect the people you love. Stick to social distancing this autumn.
- All pupils should now be back in school full-time, and following the guidelines to keep them safe.
- School transport (frequently asked questions).
- School meals will be a little different.
Service changes and updates
Below is a summary of changes to our services, and key information that you might find useful. We’re also publishing public briefing notes on our news blog to help keep you updated.
All of our face-to-face reception areas are closed. If you do need to contact us please, do this online wherever possible by emailing email@example.com (you can also find council contact information here). Contacting us online will help ease pressure on our Contact Centre staff so they can handle enquiries for critical services.
The Welsh Government has launched a 'Test, Trace and Protect' programme.
Bins and recycling
- Household recycling centres are open
- Bulky household item collections have been suspended.
- COVID-19 crisis: Waste and recycling collections
- Tissues should be binned – not placed in recycling bags or boxes.
- If you’re self-isolating and feeling unwell please double-bag your personal waste such as tissues and put aside for 72 hours before putting out for collection.
- Wash hands and disinfect handles on your bins and other waste containers before and after you touch them.
- Minimise waste where possible.
- Please don’t light bonfires to burn rubbish.
- Take extra care when parking your vehicles on your collection day so bin lorries can get through.
Schools and childcare
Finance and Benefits
• Flexible approach to Council Tax introduced.
• Claims for child benefits can now be made before birth registration.
- Housing estate offices are closed.
- Only emergency calls should be made to housing repair team.
- Gas servicing of council housing is continuing.
Parks and public spaces
- Dogs should be kept on leads.
- Public footpaths open, but social distancing must be observed.
- Homelessness service continuing to be provided - those sleeping rough encouraged to contact 01978 292947.
- Wrexham registration service update
- Limit of 20 attendees at crematorium.
- Planning/building control services have been affected, delays in registration of applications and issuing decision notices.
- Car parking in all council run car parks, including Tŷ Pawb is free until 30 September 2020
- Public toilets are closed, apart from the toilets at Henblas Street, which are now open
- Garden allotments remain open – but keep to social distancing guidelines.
- You can still renew or apply for a new blue badge online.
- Tŷ Pawb is now open