Wrexham Council homepage


Food Premises Registration

Register Your Food Premises Online (external link)

If you run a food business or a planning to start a new food business you must tell the local authority where your food business is located. You must tell them about any premises that you use for storing, selling, distributing or preparing food.

Food premises / business includes and business selling food which includes drinks. This would include, pubs (even if you only serve alcohol and soft drinks), restaurants, hotels, cafes, retail shops, supermarkets, staff canteens, kitchens in offices, warehouses, guest houses / bed & breakfasts, mobile catering vehicles, hot dog and ice-cream vans etc.

Mobile vehicles must be registered at the address where the vehicle is stored overnight. If you have more than one vehicle stored at the same address you only need to register once, but you need to tell the local authority how many vehicles are kept at that address.

If you are planning to start a new business you must register with the local authority at least 28 before the business is due to commence trading.

The registration process is a simple process where you need to complete a registration form. You can download a form or alternatively you can register your business online (external link).

There is no charge for food registration and registration cannot be refused by a local authority.

Once you have completed and returned your form, your details will be entered onto our database. Local authorities have to keep a record f all food premises that are registered with them.

Your registration form will be acknowledged and a member of the food safety team will visit your premises to carry out a food hygiene inspection.

You must notify the local authority if there are any changes to your food business, such as a new food business operator or you stop trading.

You can get more information about the registration of food premises by contacting the food safety team.