What does the scheme consist of?
Wrexham Council’s Active Wrexham team has been given a grant by Sports Wales as part of the Healthy Weight Healthy Wales Action Plan.
The 60+ sessions will enable the 60+ population in Wales to live longer, better and happier lives by improving their physical activity levels, confidence, strength and balance.
The Active Wrexham team alongside Freedom Leisure and Plas Madoc Leisure Centre are committed to ensuring our senior population in Wrexham maintain a healthier lifestyle.
These sessions will be delivered at Wrexham Waterworld Leisure Centre, Queensway Stadium, Gwyn Evans Leisure and Activity Centre, Chirk Leisure and Activity Centre and Plas Madoc Leisure Centre as well as a selection of online sessions via Zoom.
We have a variety of activity sessions for you to try .These include senior gym, swim and group exercise sessions running across our centres within a safe and clean environment for you to enjoy.
You don’t need to have any experience in exercise to join – our team will lead you through the sessions and current members are of course welcome.
What are the benefits?
Here are some reasons to attend our senior exercise sessions:
- Help boost your immune system.
- Lower stress levels.
- Maintain your independence.
- Stay pain free.
- Lower risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Lower risk of type 2 diabetes, some cancers, depression and dementia.
- Reduce the risk of falling.
- Meet new friends!
- Social distancing promoted throughout our centres
Where is the scheme delivered?
- Waterworld Leisure and Activity Centre– 01978 297300
- Queensway Stadium– 01978 355826
- Gwyn Evans Leisure and Activity Centre – 01978 269500
- Chirk Leisure and Activity Centre – 01691 778666
- Plas Madoc Leisure Centre – 01978 821600
If you would like to take part in our online exercise sessions, please contact us.
How do I access the scheme?
Contact us to find out what 60+ Exercise sessions are currently running at your local leisure centre.