You can still renew or apply for a new Blue Badge online through the link at the end of this page.
Please read the information below before submitting your application, this will help speed up your application.
New and re-applications: automatic applications
Automatic applications have continued to be processed upon receipt of eligibility, the automatic criteria captures people who are:
- Receiving Disability Living Allowance (higher rate mobility)
- Receiving Personal Independence Payments, the requirement is 8 or more points under the moving around category or 12 points under the planning and following a journey category.
- Receiving War Pensioner’s mobility supplement
- Receiving Armed Forces compensation scheme payments
- Registered blind
Please ensure you provide a recent eligibility letter and if you are in receipt of Personal Independence Payments we require the full letter that includes the points you have been awarded.
New and re-applications: non-automatic applications
Once your application has been submitted it will be saved along with any supporting evidence you provided.
To help speed up the process, please attach as much evidence to the application as possible, such as:
- A photograph of walking aids you use to assist with your mobility
- A photograph of any adaptations in place in your property (for example, grab rails, ramps, raised steps)
- Proof of any medication prescribed for mobility purposes (should be the most recent prescription and should include inhalers, GTN sprays and nebulisers if applicable)
- Evidence of any assessment by Social Services
- Proof of Attendance Allowance
- Proof of Carers Allowance
- Proof of meal delivery service, care services or additional support services, including family
- Prescription for the use of oxygen or proof of delivery note for the use of oxygen
The relaxation on expired badges has now ceased. Therefore, it would be at the Blue Badge holders own risk should they chose to park with an expired badge after this date.