Advice to help you claim benefits you may be entitled to

Our Welfare Rights Unit provides advice and representation on all welfare benefits issues, including social security and tax credit payments.

To be seen by a Welfare Rights Officer, a person needs to fit a certain criteria. This usually means you’ll need to have had some form of contact or help from Adult or Children’s Social Care before. 

However, anyone who lives or works in Wrexham County can call the Advice Line for advice and information. Our aim is to answer queries in a clear and helpful way within 24 hours.

A fee now applies to certain clients. Discussion about fees (where applicable) will take place when contacting the Welfare Rights Unit.

Contact our Welfare Rights Unit 


Advice Line: 01978 298255 
Monday to Friday: 9.30am -12pm

Related links