What is the ACE Champion Project?
The ACE Champion Project is a partnership project between us (Wrexham council), Home-Start Wrexham, Home-Start Flintshire, and Gwersyllt CP School. The project has been funded for 3 years by the Police and Crime Commissioner’s Early Intervention Fund.
The project has three strands:
1. ACE Champion Steering Group
The Steering Group will oversee the ACE Champion Project and the ACE Learning Network to ensure both are effective and achieve their aims. The Steering Group will enable the learning from the ACE Champion project to be shared in partner agencies, in order to inform their developing practice.
2. ACE Champion Lead
Home-Start will provide an ACE Champion Lead role to work across Wrexham and Flintshire Home-Starts, utilising the trusted relationships with families to develop ACE enquiries and consider the policy and practice implications relating to information sharing.
The ACE Champion Lead will:
- Develop models for leading ACE enquiries with families
- Develop systems for information sharing relating to ACE enquiries
- Consider the policy implications of holding and sharing ACE information
- Research and learn from other tried and tested models
- Share learning via the Wrexham and Flintshire ACE Learning Hub
3. The ACE Learning Network
The ACE Learning Network will be a forum for sharing information, research and best practice models with all interested agencies.