Our Childcare Team provides support to the childcare sector in Wrexham County Borough.
Childcare Officers support childcare providers with information and advice on:
- Business start-up, development and support
- Action planning and sustainability issues
- Childcare funding
- Inclusion support (for children with additional needs and disabilities)
- Staff training and qualifications
- Quality improvement and self-evaluation
- DBS and Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW) registration issues
- Governance and appropriate registration with the Charities Commission, HMRC and other relevant organisations
- The Childcare Offer including registration and guidance on providing the offer.
Our Childcare Officers can also provide advice and support to parents and families who access the settings.
Further team responsibilities
The Assistant Team Manager for Childcare is responsible for producing the Childcare Sufficiency Assessment (CSA), the annual review and implementation as well as monitoring the Childcare Action Plan – supported by the Early Years Development and Childcare Partnership (EYDCP).
The EYDCP is chaired by the Head of Service for Education and is made up of local representatives from:
- the Cwlwm partners
- Wrexham Glyndwr University
- Our Education and Play officers
- Our Assistant Team Manager for Childcare
An Early Years and Childcare Training programme is provided for the Early Years/Childcare workforce through Wrexham Family Information Service (WFIS) and the Childcare Team. The training is responsive to the needs of the childcare sector and offers opportunities for the childcare workforce to continue the professional development of all childcare practitioners.