Any concerns you have about your child’s education can normally be settled by speaking to the head teacher, class teacher or other member of staff.

Making a formal complaint

If you have a complaint about a school, you must make your complaint directly to the school.

You can find contact details for a school through our list of schools.

We recommend that you ask the school for a copy of their complaints policy so that you can understand exactly how they will handle your complaint.

The governing bodies of all maintained schools in Wales, including nursery schools, must establish procedures for dealing with complaints from parents, pupils, members of staff, governors, members of the community and others.

The schools complaints procedure should include more specific details about each of these stages.