The current Council Plan was approved in March 2022. It sets out 6 well-being and improvement priorities:
- Developing and decarbonising our environment
- Developing our economy
- Ensuring everyone is safe
- Ensuring a modern and resilient council
- Improving secondary education
- Promoting good health and well-being (with a focus on improving children’s services)
Each priority is supported by a Priority Board responsible for delivering the outcomes set out in the plan, and reporting on these to elected members and the public.
While working to deliver these improvement priorities, we will continue to work with local people to inform our next review of the plan – helping us understand how we can best work with local communities to support improved well-being within our budget.
Strategic planning principles
We have defined seven principles to help us plan and enable the most fair, effective and sustainable services that we can, within available resources. These principles are:
- Prevention comes first
- Prioritise the most vulnerable
- Plan for the long term
- Consult and involve local people
- Integration between council departments
- Collaboration with our partners
- Welsh Language and Culture (a cross-cutting theme across all priorities)
These values have been used to define the council’s way of working:
This document is available in Welsh - to view please use the “Cymraeg” link in the top bar of this webpage.
This document is available in languages other than English and Welsh and in accessible formats such as large print, Braille, BSL DVD, audio-CD, or electronic format upon request.
We welcome your comments on both the format and the content of our Council Plan. If you have any suggestions or comments to make the plan more readable, or for additional or alternative areas on which the council should focus please contact us at the address below. Any proposals for additional areas of focus will be considered as part of the performance management and updating of this plan. Comments on the presentation of the plan will be considered for its next publication date.
Council Plan Annual Performance
This is our annual performance report against our targets in the Council Plan.