You must tell us about any changes in your circumstances that will affect the amount of Housing Benefit or Council Tax reduction you’re receiving, and you must report any change as soon as it occurs.

Even though you may have reported your change in circumstances to another government department, such as the Inland Revenue, Job Centre, or the Department of Works and Pensions, or to another Council Department, such as Housing, you must still inform us of changes, such as:

  • If you change your name
  • If you change address - tell us the date you moved and the address you’ve moved to
  • If you or a member of your household temporarily moves out - for example, if they have go away to care for someone, or go into care. We don’t want to know about people who’ve gone on holiday
  • If a member of your family is sent to prison
  • If a member of your family has to go into hospital for more than a week
  • If an adult member of your family becomes a full-time student or leaves full-time education
  • If you get married, or enter into a civil partnership

How do I tell you about a change in my circumstances?

Complete the change in circumstances form and send it to us by email at, or to the following address ‘Benefits Section, Finance department, Lampbit Street Offices, Wrexham, LL11 1AY’.