If you’re a secure contract holder with a social landlord (including Wrexham Council) you have the right to apply to swap houses with another secure contract holder/tenant of any other social landlord. This is called a transfer of secure contract (this used to be referred to as a ‘mutual exchange’).

In certain circumstances you have right to transfer (assign) your contract to someone else - but only with our permission.

If you want to swap homes, you must find someone to swap with before asking for our permission to transfer your contract. The person you swap with must also be a secure contract-holder with a ‘community landlord’ (a local authority or housing association).

Contact your local estate office for more details if you are interested in transferring your secure contract.