Apply for tenancy support using our online form

Apply now


If you’re living in council accommodation and need help managing your tenancy, we may be able to help.

You may be struggling with your tenancy because you’re a first time tenant, or you could be struggling to cope as an existing tenant.

What is the tenancy support service?

The service provides free and discreet housing support, to any of our tenants who need help to successfully keep their tenancy.

Support can be offered in your home to make sure you don’t feel isolated and unable to cope with problems you might be facing, and to help you avoid the risk of eviction.

The service is customised to meet your individual needs.

Am I eligible for support?

You could get tenancy support if you’re a tenant with us and also one of the following...

  • An introductory tenant
  • A migrant worker, or you have refugee status
  • An existing tenant having difficulty fulfilling their tenancy obligations, which could result in homelessness

What kind of support can I get?

We can help you get set up in your home by giving you advice about how you can set up suppliers, as well as helping you find furniture.

We can give financial advice, including tips on how to deal with rent and bills. You can also get advice on insurance and security information, and how to keep to your tenancy agreement.

If you are worried about being isolated we can help support you in taking part in education/learning or employment/voluntary work so you can become more involved within community.

You could also get advice if you have any concerns about your wellbeing (both your physical and mental health).

Tenancy support workers can’t give you direct specialist assistance with issues such as health problems, mental health, debt or drug and alcohol dependency. However they’ll be able guide you to support organisations that can provide expert advice on these kinds of issues instead. If needed they can also begin contact with Social Services or other support organisations for you.

How to apply

You can apply by completing the online self-referral form, or you can also contact your local housing office.

What happens once I’ve applied?

A tenancy support officer will contact you and arrange their first visit.

They’ll then spend time talking through any problems with you and decide on a support plan that explains what you can expect, and how often they’ll visit.

Your tenancy support officer will review how you’re getting on at each visit, and see if there’s anything else we can do to support you.

Our aim is to help you to get on your feet and live independently.

How long does the support last for?

As we’re a low level and ongoing support service we can support people for up to two years, although typically the support is given over a much shorter period.

The average length of time we provide support for is usually just for a few months - until you’re ready to manage.

What’s more important than the length of time you spend with tenancy support is the level of independence we can help you reach. Our aim is to help you to get on your feet and live independently.

Once all you’ve successfully completed all of your support aims we’ll mutually agree when the support stops.

How is the service funded?

Tenancy support is funded by the Supporting People Revenue Grant from the Welsh Government. This grant is paid to cover all the costs of the service by the Supporting People team in Wrexham.

There are set standards and guidelines that we have to follow, this includes an annual review and regular inspections.

The specific aim of the service is the prevention of homelessness.