The level of allowance for payments made to our elected members is determined each year by the Independent Remuneration Panel for Wales (IRPW).
In accordance with the Local Government (Wales) Measure 2011, we publish information annually about the payments elected members receive.
1. From April 1, 2020 to March 31, 2021 elected members received the following payments:
Annual basic salary
Annual senior salaries (inclusive of basic salary above)
- Council Leader - £49,450
- Deputy Leader - £34,950
- Executive Board members with lead responsibility - £30,450
- Committee chairpersons - £22,918
- Mayor - £22,918
- Deputy Mayor - £17,918
Co-opted member fees
- Chairperson - £256 daily (£128 half day)
- Ordinary member - £198 daily (£99 half day)
2. Reimbursement of travelling and expenses reimbursed whilst undertaking duties approved by the authority are also included on the list.
3. Payments made by other bodies to elected members of this authority are also included on the list.
We also publish information on members' remuneration.