The Wellbeing Hub provides community, health, social care and third sector activities and service in a safe environment, to:
- improve access to information, advice and support
- deliver preventative and alternative solutions to care and support (covering physical health, mental health and wellbeing)
It has been created by a partnership of Wrexham County Borough Council, AVOW (Association of Voluntary Organisations in Wrexham) (external link) and Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (external link)
Our communal area contains a desk space, pods and an open training space. A programme of drop-ins and activities from local services offering support, advice and opportunities can be provided here.
The training space includes a portable 33” screen with HDMI and USB ports, suitable for screen-sharing and presentations.
There is no charge to organisations wishing to use our communal area for public drop-ins and engagement sessions, but you will need to book in advance.
Book a room / space
We have a variety of rooms and spaces available for booking. Please email email@example.com if you would like to book a room or have any questions about booking.
We have two meeting rooms with a capacity of approximately 6 people in each.
These can be booked for smaller group activities, personal counselling, or for small meetings (ideal for community groups, third-sector organisations and health services as a place to speak with clients, for example).
Meeting room 1
1 sofa, 1 table, and three chairs.
Meeting room 2
3 tables, 6 chairs, fitted with an induction loop.
Our community rooms are bookable spaces for public engagement and activities. Each room comes with a range of facilities.
Community room 1
Capacity for approximately 15 people. This room comes with access to a fully-equipped kitchen facilities with height adjustable sink and hob.
Community room 2
Capacity for approximately 24 people. This room comes with access to fully-equipped kitchen facilities with height adjustable sink and hob, and an outdoor play area.
Community room 3
Capacity for approximately 24 people. This room comes with private access to an accessible changing place and a fixed interactive screen. The 75” screen has a 4K interactive touch display as well as the following features:
- PolyCom Studio camera compatible with Teams, Zoom and Skype
- 3 HDMI ports, a display port, and a VGA port for connecting a laptop
- Built-in Newline Cast app which lets you connect your own device and cast your small screen (compatible with Windows/iOS/Android)
- Instant digital whiteboard and on-screen annotation tool
There is a room divide between Community Rooms 2 and 3. This can be opened to allow for a bigger space with a maximum capacity of 48.
This is a small room suitable for one-to-one consultations. It contains a desk, computer chair, two bariatric visitor chairs and a wash-hand basin.
It is fitted with an induction loop.
This room has a variety of built-in sensory activities including:
- a magic rainbow tube
- tactile wall panel
- KopyKat memory game
- mirror ball
- wheel projector
- vibration plinth
- customisable ceiling/wall lights
- the ability to play your own music
Sensory room sessions are 30 minutes in length, but you can book multiple sessions at once if you would like longer. Extra sensory toys are available on request.
The sensory room is fitted with a ceiling track hoist.
This room can be used on a walk-in basis if available, but advance bookings are preferable.
For an extra charge we can provide flip charts, a moveable screen with hybrid capabilities, and tea/coffee refreshments.
Changing places / accessible bathrooms
We have two changing places/accessible bathrooms in public areas. Each contains a baby-changing table, ceiling track hoists, a shower with a height-adjustable shower bed, sinks, and toilets.
A third changing place is connected to community room 3 which also has an extra toilet suitable for small children.
Concessionary rates are available to third sector organisations, community groups and statutory services. For further details on this email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to speak to the Well Being Hub Manager. These discretionary rates are subject to regular review and may be changed periodically.
Commercial bookings are not currently permitted within the hub however this will be regularly reviewed.
|Room||Maximum Occupancy||Cost per session 2022/23|
|Meeting room 1||6||£30|
|Meeting room 2||6||£30|
|Community room 1 including kitchen||12||£35|
|Community room 2 including kitchen and outside space||20||£40|
|Community room 3 including fixed interactive board||20||£40|
|Community room 2 and 3||40||£70|
|Sensory room||6||£5 per half hour|
|Type of equipment or refreshment||Cost|
|Use of live or recorded music||£2|
|Flip chart stand and paper||£5|
|Tea and coffee||£1|
Wellbeing Hub – conditions of hire
Check through the conditions of hire before you make a booking at the Hub.
- Completion of our booking form does not guarantee availability of the room you require on your chosen time and date.
- Your booking is not confirmed until full payment or an agreed deposit is received before the date of your booking. Deposits are non-refundable. The Wellbeing Hub reserves the right to cancel any booking. If a booking is cancelled due to factors beyond our control a full refund will be issued.
- Cancellation of your event or booking must be made by email to WellbeingHub@wrexham.gov.uk at least one week prior to your event. Cancellation will result in the loss of your deposit.
- All marketing and advertising is the responsibility of the hirer and not that of the Wellbeing Hub.
- Additional requirements for your booking including but not limited to refreshments, equipment are to be agreed prior to confirmation of your booking and may carry an additional cost. Any additional requirements on the day of your booking will be charged.
- The Wellbeing Hub’s open hours are Monday to Thursday from 9am – 4.30pm and 9am – 4pm on Fridays. Saturday and Sunday are closed for booking unless by prior agreed arrangement. Early opening / late closing of The Wellbeing Hub can be accommodated with prior arrangement; details must be provided at the time of booking and may incur an additional charge.
- A session shall comprise of a morning, afternoon or twilight. Hiring charges are per session and a session shall comprise of 3 hours. The hirer may only enter the Wellbeing Hub at the agreed booking time and must leave promptly at the end of the agreed booking.
- Hirers are responsible for their own supervision of attendees. This includes taking a register of attendees and familiarising them with our fire safety procedures (including location of fire alarms, emergency exits, fire safety equipment and congregation points away from the building). It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure that first aid requirements are met.
- The hirer is required to leave the premises in a tidy and satisfactory condition at the end of the booking.
- The hirer is responsible for any damage caused to the facility during the booking. The full cost of any damage to the premises or equipment will be charged to the hirer.
- The Wellbeing Hub accepts no responsibility for theft or loss of articles of equipment that are brought onto the premises.
- We reserve the right to cancel your booking without notice if there is a failure to disclose activities which may disrupt The Wellbeing Hub and the centre as a whole.
- You must disclose to us any activity which may be likely to cause offence. We reserve the right to cancel your event on the basis of this criteria.
- Any electrical appliance brought into the premises must be agreed. The hirer is responsible for carrying out a visual check to establish any sign of damage before using the appliance.
- It is the hirer’s responsibility to provide suitable security arrangements. The Wellbeing Hub must be provided with details of any security to be provided and reserve the right to cancel any bookings if security issues are highlighted.
- Car parking is available at several public town centre car parking facilities. The Wellbeing Hub takes no responsibility for parking fees and any penalties incurred by yourself and / or attendees of your event.
- Smoking (including the use of electronic cigarettes or vape pens) is not permitted in any part of The Wellbeing Hub.
Monday 9am – 4pm
Tuesday 9am – 4pm
Wednesday 9am – 4pm
Thursday 9am – 4pm
Friday 9am – 2pm
Get in touch with any questions or to book a room/space.
Phone: 01978 298110