The Cemeteries Index search facility allows you to search through the burial records of Wrexham Cemetery for the years 1876 to 2012.
Please enter as much information as possible, for example a surname or firstname/s, and click the 'Search' button.
The search facility returns details of burials at the authority’s main Wrexham Cemetery, for the years 1876 (when the cemetery opened) to 2012. The details are taken from the cemetery office database which is continually being updated when errors or omissions are found. Users should therefore check the details of search results with the cemetery office to ensure that the information is up to date.
Users should note that the search facility is 'input' sensitive, i.e. it will only return records that match the exact spelling input by the user. However, the facility is not case sensitive and entries can be made in either upper or lower case.
The returned details include:
- Burial number – a chronological reference number issued for each burial since the cemetery opened in 1876
- Surname of the deceased
- First names of the deceased
- Age of the deceased at death
- Place of death
- Date of burial
- Number of the grave plot in which the deceased was interred*
- Burial section in which grave is located**
- Year of burial
* Users need to be aware that some numbers are duplicated throughout the cemetery. Always check with the cemetery office to confirm the location and grave number before attempting to locate a grave on-site.
**The original database did not include details of the burial section. This information will be added in due course.