You are a parent carer if you provide care to your child because they need extra support (due to a disability or additional needs - whether diagnosed or not).

At Wrexham Family Information Service (WFIS) we can help you find:

  • Different kinds of support for you and your child
  • Information for your family on your child’s disability or additional need
  • Childcare that is suitable for your child
  • Children’s activities that your child can join in with

You may also be able to find support, through the Disability Respite and Childcare Panel, with:

  • Short term help with childcare costs
  • Short term funding to help your child settle in to a new childcare setting
  • Short term respite

Contact us

If you have any questions about being a parent carer including support you might be able to get, contact our WFIS team.

Related links