Support for Parent Carers
If you are the parent of a child with disabilities or additional needs, diagnosed or undiagnosed, WFIS can help you find:
- Different kinds of support for you and your child
- Information for your family on your child’s disability or additional need
- Childcare that is suitable for your child
- Children’s activities that your child can join in with
Also via the Disability Respite and Childcare Panel according to needs and as funds allow, WFIS can help you find:
- Short term help with childcare costs
- Short term funding to help your child settle in to a new childcare setting
- Short term respite
WCBC Disability Respite and Childcare Panel
The purpose of the Panel is to consider requests for short term funding of childcare places, support for childcare settings and respite placements in order to:
- enhance the wellbeing and resilience of families of children with disabilities and / or additional needs
- enable parents of children with disabilities and / or additional needs to work or train.
Please note, funding is always temporary and is only allocated as the budget allows.
WCBC Disability Respite and Childcare Panel – Childcare Placements Guidance
Please click here to view the guidance and criteria information for applications for support to access childcare provision for children with a disability and / or additional need.
WCBC Disability Respite and Childcare Panel – Disability Respite Guidance
Please click here to view the guidance and criteria information for applications for respite placements for children with a disability and / or additional need.