Conservation Information Sheets
The following information sheets have been produced by the Planning Department to provide advice on Listed Buildings, Conservation Areas and the maintenance of historic buildings and features in general.
The guidance explains the implications of listing, when Listed Building Consent is required and what should be included within a Listed Building Consent application. Information is also provided for those who live or work in a Conservation Area on the special controls that are in force in order to protect these places of special architectural or historic interest.
Guidance currently covers the following topics
- Looking after Historic Buildings: An owners guide to maintenance - PDF version 1.1Mb
- Listed Buildings - PDF version 928Kb
- Conservation Areas Article 4(2) Directions - PDF version 603Kb
- The Repair and Replacement of Traditional and Historic Windows - PDF version 1.1Mb
- The Repair and Replacement of Traditional and Historic Doors - PDF version 1.2Mb
- Highway Works in Conservation Areas - PDF version 808Kb
Cadw Best-practice guidance
Cadw have prepared and published a series of best-practice guidance documents intended to enhance the provisions of the Historic Environment (Wales) Act 2016. The first of these guidance documents include the following:
- Heritage Impact Assessment in Wales
- Managing Change in World Heritage Sites in Wales
- Managing Change to Listed Buildings in Wales
- Managing Change to Registered Historic Parks and Gardens in Wales
- Managing Conservation Areas in Wales
- Managing Historic Character in Wales
- Managing Listed Buildings at Risk in Wales
- Managing Lists of Historic Assets of Special Local Interest in Wales
- Setting of Historic Assets in Wales
These documents, along with earlier Cadw guidance titles, can be downloaded for free from the Cadw website (external link).