Wrexham Council homepage


Councillor Complaints

The Complaints Team are not able to address a complaint regarding the conduct of a Councillor.

All Councillors at Wrexham County Borough Council are subject to a Code of Conduct.

Concerns about a Councillor’s behaviour may be raised with the Council’s Monitoring Officer in the first instance. Contact details for them are:

Monitoring Officer
Wrexham County Borough Council
LL11 1AY


Formal complaints that a councillor may have breached this Code should be addressed to the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales. The Ombudsman’s web site contains explanations on the standards of behaviour expected by the Code and the basis on which the Ombudsman decides whether or not to investigate a complaint.

Examples of ways in which a member may break an Authority’s Code of Conduct include:

The Ombudsman will normally only investigate when there is evidence that a serious breach may have been committed.

If you feel that the Code may have been breached then you are able to complain to the Ombudsman online. Legislation sets out that only when the Ombudsman has decided to formally investigate and report to the Council can the matter come before the Council’s Ethics and Standards Committee.

Full details of this process can be found on the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales website