If you’re on a low income, you could get Housing Benefit to help you pay your rent. 

How much you get depends on your income and circumstances. Use the government’s benefits calculator (external link) to find out what you could get.

If you’re receiving Housing Benefit or the Universal Credit Housing Costs element you could also claim Discretionary Housing Payment.

If you’re already claiming Universal Credit you won’t be able to claim Housing Benefit.

How to apply 

If you want to apply for Housing Benefit and Council Tax reduction, please email housingbenefits@wrexham.gov.uk for an application form.