If you own an empty property you can rent it out with help from us through our Private Sector Leasing Scheme.
We are particularly looking for self-contained single person accommodation and 3 bed+ in the borough. By renting your property through the scheme you will be helping us provide much needed accommodation for those who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Our in-house local lettings agency team have helped hundreds of people find good quality private sector housing. The team have an excellent track record in setting up tenancies that last for many years.
Our service will provide you with:
- 5 to 20 year leases
- A guaranteed monthly rental income for the period of the agreed lease at the relevant Local Housing Allowance (LHA) rate (external link) less an agreed management fee, with no loss of rental income during void periods
- Grant funding to bring your property up to an agreed standard and/or to increase the EPC rating to level C (subject to application)
- Extra grant funding for properties that have been empty for 6 months or more (subject to application)
- A tenant damage liability scheme (subject to reasonable wear and tear)
- Continuous support with legal agreement/contracts provided by us
If you have any questions, you can contact our local lettings agency.
Express your interest
You can let us know that you are interested in the scheme by filling in our online form.