Eligibility for free school meals
Your child is eligible to receive free school meals (in maintained schools in Wales) if you or your child receive the following...
- Income Support (IS)*
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)*
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Income-related Employment Support Allowance (IR)
- Child Tax Credit - providing you’re not entitled to Working Tax Credit with an annual total income below the HMRC set limit
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - the payment someone may receive for a further four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
How can I apply?
You can apply by using our online application form.
What do I do if my benefits stop?
Let us know immediately if your benefits are stopped or suspended, by calling 01978 298991. If you don’t let us know you’ll be charged for the full cost of any school meals taken by your child, from the date your benefits were stopped or suspended.