Bulky waste means items that are too large or too heavy to be taken away with the normal bin collections (such as furniture, white goods and garden equipment).
You can order a bulky household item removal online and we will collect the items for you. Up to eight items can be collected for a minimum charge of £44.50 (there are extra charges for more than eight items with each additional item costing £8.90).
Order a bulky household item removal
Items that can be included in bulky household item collections
Items we will take...
- Furniture (including tables, chairs, suites, beds, mattresses, cabinets, desks, bookcases, wardrobes)
- White goods (including fridges, freezers, cookers, tumble dryers, microwaves)
- Garden equipment (including small lawnmowers, garden implements, garden tables/chairs, barbeques, bikes)
- Carpet (small amounts of carpet and underlay - off cuts or no more than the size of one room)
- Electrical equipment (including computers, televisions)
If your collection includes electrical items you must state this when you make the booking.
Items we won't take...
- Garden waste (including grass/hedge cuttings, trees)
- Wood (including sheds, fences, skirting board, architraves, gripper rods, broken up furniture, dog kennels)
- Metal (including iron bars, corrugated iron, garage doors, gates)
- DIY materials (including bricks, blocks, concrete, pipes, guttering, plasterboard, paint)
- Fixtures and fittings (including fireplaces, kitchens, bathroom suites, doors, radiators, storage heaters, water cylinders/tanks, heating systems, stair banisters, windows, slide robes, glass front fires)
- Miscellaneous (including asbestos, house clearances, sunbeds, oil tanks, gas cylinders, car parts, concrete coal bunkers, pianos)
- Bags (including household refuse, garden waste)
We only offer a kerbside collection of garden/organic waste in the green bin, we do not offer any further collection services for garden waste, soil or rubble. If you have garden waste that does not fit in your green bin you can take this to one of our household recycling centres.
Where should I leave my items?
Leave the items arranged for collection outside your property (in an area we will be able to access, such as the front or back garden).
How soon will my items be collected?
Once you have booked a bulky item removal the collection will take place on the next available Friday. This date will be advised.
Items must be out for collection by 7.30 am.
(In exceptional circumstances it may not be possible to collect your item/s on the agreed date. In this case we will notify you, and return within the next 5 working days to collect).
When you leave your items out make sure they are:
- Dry and covered – particularly furniture
- Accessible when we arrive to collect them
- Clearly identifiable
- Only the items booked for collection – other items not described will be left
If any item is heavily soiled it will not be collected.
If these conditions are not met there will not be a collection and a refund may not be given (part collections will be charged at full price).